Sunday, April 22, 2012

Busy Days


Jam-packed days can be hectic and stressful, especially when those chaotic days revolve around nothing but work.   But sometimes, when you get to choose and organize your daily schedule, they can be quite the opposite. 

Attending church, meeting old friends for coffee, getting in a good sweat session, and working the remainder of the day sounds like enough to make me want to jump face first onto my bed and take a nap.  Surprisingly, the craziness of it all gave me more energy than when I woke up this morning.

Sometimes I love the idea of free weekends, simply because it means that I’ll be able to sit on my butt and do a lot of nothing all day.  Don’t get me wrong, we need those days to recoup and maintain our sanity.  I am thankful for the days of Friends reruns and 11 am breakfasts.  Those weekends also make me thankful for the busy weekends.  It means I am blessed with work and an income, health, and wonderful family and friends.   

Today made me think twice about how much I complain about my hectic schedule.  Knowing how fortunate I am made the day fly by twice as fast as well.  

If ever you are having a bad day, try thinking about the many blessings that you do have.  It just might turn your day around. 


No comments:

Post a Comment