Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Hidden Truth


  • When someone tells a hilarious story, I laugh so hard that it becomes a “silent” laugh
  •   I say that I’m a great dancer, but I rely on a good lead
  •  I don’t always like talking to people over the phone
  •  I tell people I’m great when they ask me how I am, even on the days when I feel 2 inches tall
  • I get extremely anxious just thinking about public speaking
  •  I care about people who don’t care about me
  •  According to society I am an adult, but some days I feel the exact opposite
  • I cry just thinking about losing my parents
  • I like spending a few hours alone every day, but I fear spending my entire life alone
  • When my classmates ask dumb questions, I unintentionally give them this open-mouthed, “Did you seriously just ask that?” look
  • I hate gardening (which is why I like farmers markets so much), but I tell people I like it because as a future dietitian I'm expected to like it
  • I become self-conscious when I think about my height, large thighs, and bellybutton.  
  • I have terrible fashion sense, but I feel more confident when I take the time to look put together
  • I love singing really loud, but only when I’m alone in my car or bedroom
  • I want to find a guy who loves me for me, and not just what he can get from me
  • During Christmas break my brother and I watch old home videos.  His laugh is out of this world, and makes the movies that much more entertaining
  • I get cranky when I can’t work out
  • I go through phases when it comes to wanting kids.  Sometimes those phases last a mere 2 hours
  • I have this inner resentment towards people who complain about how shitty their life is when they are irresponsible and extremely lazy
  • I want to slap people who use the phrase “fml” for things as trivial as having to get up for an 8 am class and are running 5 minutes late, that their favorite team lost in the playoffs, that they put in overtime this weekend, or that they have so much homework due to procrastination.  Be thankful, people, that you even have these things to complain about. 
  • I think the human body, and the fact that all 11 systems work together so miraculously, is almost inconceivable.  It’s astonishing how the body can maintain adequate health for a substantial amount of time even after the harm and destruction we put on it.  
  • I think people throw around the phrase “I love you” without thinking much about it.  At the same time, I feel it is not said enough to the people that deserve it the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment