Monday, October 3, 2011

New Tires

I just got new tires put on my car.  My flat, while extremely inconvenient, took place at the right time. It is almost winter, and my little ole Honda Civic was due for a tire rotation and checkup anyway. 
But I can’t help but think that my flat was some sort of sign.  (Shut it, I know what you’re thinking.  Signs are ridiculous and made up. That they are irrelevant and cause unneeded superstition.  But you know what? I don’t care.  I don’t regard all the signs that are thrown my way, but this one I wanted to consider).  Basically, my flat was God’s way of saying, “Look, Sarah.  You need to slow down and get your act together. Stop, get out of the mess you are in, change your attitude, and find a different road to travel on because the one you are taking is leading you in the wrong direction.”   Fine.  Maybe not what I wanted to hear, but deep down I know it’s what I should do.
So, with my new set of wheels, I am going to try picking a different route.  Maybe I’ll pick the wrong path yet again, but at least I’ll be one mile closer to finding the right one.   

No comments:

Post a Comment