Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's funny

It’s funny,
how gazing up at the stars at night
causes me to view my life in a completely different way,
and that the shortest phrase
can conjure up emotions I never knew existed.

It’s funny,
that money and fear keep me from taking chances,
but are also my biggest motivators.
How I want so badly the things
that I know are so bad for me,
and that I can stand in a room full of people
and still feel completely alone.

It’s funny,
That I desperately want to find a respectful man,
yet date ignorant men that don’t even respect themselves.
That children can teach us more than
our professors ever could,
And that life is not like a box of chocolates,
but rather like your mom’s mystery casserole. 
It may appear unpleasant and cause you to question its contents,
But once tried is actually quite marvelous.

1 comment:

  1. this makes me so happy... very true and very well-written :)

    ReplyDelete