Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Let's Go on a Date

You’d like to take me out?
Well, I suppose that’d be alright.
But I must say one thing
For the sake of the night.

No dinner and a movie. 
Please, take me somewhere new. 
Hiking, a ballgame,
Someplace out of the blue.

Tell me about your favorite game,  
oldest childhood toy, and worst family trip. 
Do you like reunions,
Or would you rather skip?

Don’t marvel me with your stories
About how much you go out. 
Because really, the amount of beer you can drink
Is nothing to brag about.

I care more about your attitude
And your respect for others.
Your ability to relate to people
And the way you treat your mother.

So please, be yourself
And stop trying to impress.
I have no doubt
That it will end in success.

So, the question remains
After all I’ve written about.
Do you think that you still
would want to go out?

1 comment: