Sunday, March 4, 2012

Inspiration

It’s been awhile since I last posted, and I’m trying to figure out exactly why.  I thought about blaming it on not having enough time or excessive fatigue.   While those are the excuses I use for just about everything, I realized that those wouldn’t cut it this time.

I eventually figured it out.   Nothing in my life was happening, and many of you know how uneventful it can be living in a small town.    Inspiration was lacking.  It was that simple. 

I also figured out that sitting around waiting to be inspired can be the biggest waste of time.  You can’t always sit around expecting to be entertained.  Things happen that make our lives interesting all the time; you meet new people or witness an amazing scene.  But sometimes we go weeks without anything like that occurring.  Well, that’s how it was for me at least. 

I feel it’s times like these that you have to make an effort to seek out activities that inspire you.  Sometimes you have to take that extra step to find a reason to keep going, to continue pursuing your purpose on this earth.   It takes a lot of time and thought, but actively finding an activity that you truly care about can be the motivation you need. 

You never know what type of activity can bring about that inspiration.  It may be volunteering, undertaking a new hobby, or attempting a personal challenge that you never thought possible (a challenge that even others have told you you’d fail at). 

For me, it was the latter.  What is it for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment