Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Countdown Begins


I’ve been getting a lot of strange looks again lately.  I’m thinking it’s because of one of two reasons. 

1)      People think I’m out of my mind when I tell them I’ve entered a figure competition.

2)      My typical, upbeat personality has transformed to one that encompasses exhaustion and irritability. 

With only one week left, I’m giving it my all.  Chicken and vegetables at most, if not all, of my meals.  Water, water, water.  Lots of cardio intervals.  Higher reps but lower weight with lifting.  The good news is that I don’t have to do legs this week (they retain too much water)!   Thoughts about chocolate.  Sleep.  More water.

The thing that I’m worried about most, however, has to do with the preparation for the final day.  I never really considered myself a high-maintenance girl, but this competition sort of requires me to be.  I have to get…a tan.  :/  But I’m not talking your typical “sun-kissed, beach-bod” looking tan.  We’re looking at a full blown, almost black, “get me the darkest shade” tan.  

I understand it accentuates the muscles and helps the judges see the contours of the body, but come on! 

Oh well.  I’ll get over it.  Every great experience requires sacrifices and struggles that you must endure. 



All I can say is….I can’t wait for Saturday to be here!


No comments:

Post a Comment