Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Things You Don't Miss Until They're Gone


The availability of authentic ethnic food

Dark chocolate covered anything

3 hour coffee dates

Sleeping under a down comforter

A loved one’s laugh

Long chats with childhood friends

Your favorite lounge pants

Cell phone/ technology free atmospheres

Singing favorite songs while on family road trips

Shopping with mom

Waking up to the whisper of a child instead of an alarm

Hugs from cherished ones (I’m talking about the real hugs.  Not those fake, half-assed, I’m barely going to touch you ones)

Second chances




Thank you to all my family and friends that made this 2012 holiday season one of the greatest I’ve ever had.   I love you all, and you have each held a special place in my life.  I am who I am because of you.

1 comment:

  1. Spontaneous "we should do this tomorrow" plans

    A familiar piano

    Not having to be the one to turn off the lights and lock the door

    ReplyDelete