Sunday, June 3, 2012

Overwhelmed Much?!


Snapping  pictures in the local park.  Sipping a latte while reading a good book at the coffee shop down the street.   Hitting up area concerts in the evenings. 

This is how I envisioned the start of my summer a few weeks ago.  The entirety of my summer, actually.  I’m starting to realize that the reality of it all is completely the opposite.  Work, attempting to organize my life for my upcoming internship, weddings, and wedding planning (not for me, mind you) all while trying to maintain an appropriate budget is proving to be more trying and stressful than I had imagined.   Sad face. 

Growing up sucks as it is.  But it sucks even more when you become a full-fledged adult and have NO summer to look forward to.  Okay, that sounds a bit morbid, but there are no more free days to go to the pool.  No 5-6 days off, in a row.  Say goodbye to sleeping in or lounging around in shorts and flip flops all day long.  I mean yes, you can do some of these things on the weekends, but it’s still not the same.  Bah.

It’s true that the craziness of everyday life never ends.  I guess that’s why, I’m finding, it’s important to create your own little vacation or “escape”, even if it is the smallest of small things.  Lunch with a good friend.  Movie and popcorn night with the roommates.  Visits to the farmers market.  You get what I’m saying. 

I feel that we all need to find something that we can look forward to.  Maybe it will keep us sane, maybe it will just add to our never-ending “To-Do” lists.  Regardless, I think it’s worth a shot.  What else do we have to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment