Sunday, June 10, 2012

So Call Me Maybe


I heard THE song today.  Yes, the one with that annoying girl singing about how she “just met you, and this is crazy.  Here’s my number, so call me maybe”.  

I still don’t know how I feel about it. 

Don’t lie, you’ve had the same thought.  It’s catchy!  Well, the first 2 times you hear it, anyway.  It’s got a good beat.  It’s a song that sort of grows on you, as long as you don’t hear it 4 times a day.  The lyrics, however, obviously need some help. 

She clearly just met this guy and wants to see him.  So, Carly Rae, don’t, two stanza’s later, start talking about how

“before he came into your life
You missed him so, so bad”. 


I don’t care how analytical or poetical you are, those lyrics make absolute no sense whatsoever.  You can’t miss someone you’ve NEVER met before. 

I do give her props for one thing, though.  I like that she is bold enough to stand up for herself and ask the guy out.  She makes the first move.  Not unheard of, but definitely not the norm in our society today.  Women need to stop being so scared/ shy/ timid/ (insert your insecurity here).  If you like the guy, ask him out!  Stop contemplating and fretting it.  Just do it, and then move on if it’s not meant to be. No regrets.


I’ll bet you he digs your confidence and daring personality regardless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment